Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Woes of shaving


Since i was old enough to grasp the concept of men growing hair on their faces, i wanted my own beard. My father, who has, on occasion, grown a pretty tough looking beard, has always inspired me on my quest for growing the ultimate scruff.

The first time i shaved was the night before the 6th grade valentines day dance! I thought i was pretty cool because i was actually using a razor! It wasn't until years later that i realized it was mere peach fuzz i was removing, but even still, it was pretty awesome.

The next time i really remember shaving was when i was just about 16. I was sitting in math class in 9th grade when some girl leaned over and was like WHOA! you have a crazy beard thayne! As i thought this girl was pretty attractive, i was rather embarassed, so that night i shaved again. How little did i know that looking presentable to ladies would turn into such a chore.

Now at 17, on the brink of 18, i must shave every day with a full razor and cream if i want to keep my face presentable to the public. While some people tell me its so awesome how they think i shave daily, i find it rather annoying.

While i would never want to stop shaving, i could do without the razor burn and the constant chore of adding 5-10 min to my shower each morning. (side note) Men who get laser hair removal are gross.

The Worst part of shaving is that i get super lazy in the summer! i usually go 2-3 days between shaves, and then i just look goofy. Last sunday for example, i blessed the sacrement with a full flippin beard cause i was too busy to shave.

Not sure where this rant is coming from, but its oh so fun to do so anyway :) :)

Bottom line,

-Shavings manly
-Laser removal is gross
-Electric razors don't work well for us with thick hair
-Neck beards are worse than mustaches, but only slightly

<-- Gross neck beard

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I have to disagree with you there. Neck beards are the definition of manly.