Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Love of Taylor Swift


Everyone who knows me, knows of my love of Taylor Swift. Often i get teased about my infatuation, because i have never been known to love country music.

So let me set the record straight about Ms. Swift

I was first drawn into Taylor's music because i found her to be a very attractive woman. For all those who went to the Hannah Montana movie with me got a little taste of my excitment when Taylor showed up on screen! However, my love for the pop/country style of T-Swift goes farther than just her attractiveness.
:)

Never being a country fan before (except for George Strait) i was hesitant to listen to the cute country singer, but i decided to give her music a chance. As i listened, i realized how relaxed i felt when i heard her songs. Instead of the loud, curse happy music played on most radio stations, Taylor Swifts songs seemed to have an earnest story driven quality to them. Through continued listening to her songs, i found that i just felt better about myself when i heard her music. As i have continued to listen, i keep finding new favorites, but i will include a list of my top songs i listen too at the end of this post. Before i do that however, i'll post a couple fun memories i have with Taylor Swift.

First, driving home from work at midnight with my windows down blasting her music

Second, having my mom buy me a magazine of Taylor Swift when i jokingly told her that she never bought me twilight magazines like my sister.

Third, taking a sunday nap while listening to Taylor Swift as my cute puppy snuggles down into my chest

Fourth, Playing her songs on guitar (not singing, cause she sings decently high)

And finally, cranking my ipod when i pull up next to some looser blasting rap!


ps. As promised a list of my favorite TS songs

-Fifteen
-You belong with me
-The Best Day
-Fearless

No comments: